A blog is one of the most inexpensive, yet valuable ways for your company to market itself, and to help you engage your potential clientele.
If you haven't been already, here are 10 reasons (in no particular order)for you to start and to make blogging an integral part of your marketing mix.
- 3. Blogging helps your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). A blog not only keeps your potential customers informed, it also keeps search engines looking and ranking you. It let's search engines know that you are pertinent and that your website is truly relevant to its keywords. If you are savvy, you can use your blog to reach new target markets, as well as penetrate more deeply into your present ones.
- 4. A blog gives your company personality. You can share your brand's story. Instead of being a cold entity, you can be a company that your potential customers can relate to. You can make them like you, and thereby win loyalty.
- 5. A blog helps you engage with your audience. You can encourage comments and feedback, not only from potential and present customers, but also from industry experts and peers.
- 6. New and current content gives potential customers a reason to come back to your site and therefore reminds them of your products and services. It allows you to "be in your potential customer's faces without being in their faces."
- 7. You can use your blog to share any news about your company.
- 8. Your blog could actually tip a potential purchase into an actual purchase. The key to a website is conversion. Turning a potential customer into an actual customer. Your blog can be instrumental in this.
- 9. Your blog can create free PR. Bloggers are frequently interviewed by journalists as industry experts. Blogging might get you some notoriety and some free press. As we all know . . . free press can be a game changer in business . . .
- 10. Your blog is one of the least expensive ways for you to get your information out there! There are no printing fees, no stamps to purchase, etc. All you need to do is to write a blog and share it across your social media platforms.